Welcome to the Topic “When Should You Outsource IT” Outsourcing IT can be a great way to improve efficiency and cut costs. But it’s not always the right solution. Here are some things to consider before outsourcing IT:
1. What are your core competencies?Outsourcing IT can help you focus on your core competencies and leave the non-core tasks to someone else. For example, if you’re a marketing company, you may want to outsource your IT so that you can focus on marketing.
2. What are your cost savings?Outsourcing IT can save you money on labor costs and infrastructure costs. But it’s important to calculate the total cost of ownership (TCO) before making a decision. The TCO includes the cost of the outsourced services, the cost of training and support, and the cost of lost productivity.
3. What are the risks?Outsourcing IT can be risky. You’re relying on someone else to provide critical services and support. If they don’t do a good job, it can impact your business. Make sure you understand the risks before outsourcing IT.
4. What are the benefits?Outsourcing IT can improve efficiency and cut costs. But it’s important to weigh the benefits against the risks. Only you can decide if outsourcing IT is right for your business.
Signs you should Outsource IT
- You’re not using all of your in-house IT resources
- Your in-house IT staff is overworked
- You’re not happy with your current IT provider
- You’re not getting the level of support you need
- You’re looking for ways to cut costs
When to keep IT in-house
- You have a small business
- You have complex IT needs
- You need to maintain control